Friday, November 30, 2012

Forget the Eiffel Tower

From all the places I wanted to visit in Paris, the number one was Cafe Le Select. Rick Tulka has been drawing scenes from that Cafe for many years. His drawings are fantastic character studies. Through  his drawing this place had to me  a mythical aura. I have to go there to see it by myself.. and wow I even recognized some of the people!

I had not time to contact Rick, so I didn't found him there. Well the guy doesn't live there, although the amount of drawings gave the wrong impression.  He wrote me later that he usually is in the afternoon there. I hope next time in Paris I will be able to meet him. So here is my drawing.
Cafe Select

Here is a Sketch of the Paris Metro.
Metro Paris
I also met some Paris sketchers. We had lunch together and later we went to the Pont de Neuf to sketch.
Pont de Neuf
Second on my list was the art supply store Sennelier.  The Store founded in 1887 was the place where Cezanne and Picasso used to buy their materials. Of course I had to be something..just a Pentel brush pen.. .but I hope next time I had more money to buy some of their famous watercolors..
Senelier Paris
I spent only a day in Paris, not much time to see anything, I have to come back again.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day and you have captured everything so well.

    Sorry to read about the train journey, but I like how you were still drawing, especially the one of the man looking at the nun.

    ReplyDelete